03 January 2007

Pictures, pictures...

Before we go any further let me warn you now...this blog is going to be very picture heavy. Now that I have a good camera, I'm going to explore one of my favorite things, photography. There will be pictures upon pictures on this blog. Some will be good and some will be bad and some will make you go, Huh? But hopefully it will be fun!

So, on to the rest of the post. I meant to get online yesterday to post, but never had a chance. Work was busy and when I got home, I took down the holiday decorations and that involved cleaning out the bins that I store them in and getting rid of some stuff that I have never used. It all goes back to that cleaning up my life thing I talked about a while back on my other blog. Anyway, that took most of the night and by the time I was done I just didn't have the energy to get online.

I did want to share with you New Year's Day dessert. :-)

Remember the chocolate chunk brownies with creme cheese frosting? Well here is a big piece with Edy's Peppermint Ice Cream. It was very yummy! :-)

Last night, there was no cooking or even eating. I was just too tired to mess with anything. I did get outside for a few minutes when I arrived home and was able to check the gardens.


I have a vegetable garden and an herb garden. This isn't a very good picture, but if you look closely you can see two of my collard plants and a few garlics that are growing.


Here are some closeups: To the top right is collard and if you look
closely you can see the holes where something is eating them. Just below that is a closeup of a garlic plant. I have been enjoying watching them grow and can't wait until they are ready. I planted about 20 sets of garlic and hopefully most of them will do well.

With all this warm weather we have had it is making me want to work in my gardens. I desperately need to weed my herb bed. I had done this a few months ago, but never put down any cover to keep the weeds from crawling back up and taking over. Now they are coming back and it looks like I need to get out there soon. I only have four things planted in my herb bed. I hope to expand it this spring with more herbs. I currently have mint, lavender, rosemary and thyme. I have several other herbs in pots, but I think most of those will go in the herb garden this spring.

Anyway, I'm going to run for now. I have work to do and need to head out to a site. I'm going to leave you with a picture I took during dusk last night. I thought it was pretty cool.

Blessings,
~*~

No comments: