06 September 2015

the merry-go-round

It has been one of those days.  One that makes me want to pull the covers over my head and let it pass until the next day.  My sleep is plagued with vivid, odd dreams.  Ones I feel are important and yet by the time I can pick up the pencil and pad that I keep on my nightstand, they have floated away.  By the time I arise, it is late in the morning and the heat of the day has already kicked in.  I struggle to get my poor little patio garden watered and am so relieved when it is done, that I lie back down in my bed.  

The blinds stay drawn, the lights off and the tv (if I turn it on at all) on mute.  I don't want to hear anything, see anything, talk to anyone.  I just want everything to come to a halt.  I want to start over.  This is what I call a bad head day.  When the pain from the migraine is just too much to move past.

But, today I got up, watered the plants, watched a bit of tennis (on a very low volume), worked on my crazy crochet blanket and even managed to work in my studio for a bit.  It is needing rearranging as I can't easily access some of my materials, so I worked on that a little.  I've scrolled through blogs and had leftovers for lunch.  

I've made it through another ride on the merry go round.  Now I'll head to bed shortly and hope that tomorrow is a decent head day.  There is no good head day for me.  Not once in the last 8 years.

I hope you have had a relaxing day.

thanks for stopping by, 
love & blessings
~*~ 

No comments: