01 August 2020

lughnasadh...

August 1st to me is the beginning of Autumn.  There is a change in the way the light falls through the leaves and brings just a hint of autumnal gold.

I used to think that winter was my favorite season, but I'm beginning to realize that Autumn has taken the lead.  

It may still be scorchingly hot and humid here in the south, but cozy sweater and blanket days are on their way. 

I took a stroll through the garden this morning and picked a couple of things and took a few pictures to share. (The last is from a few days ago.)

(This basil is from some old seeds I found in my seed box that Vanessa sent to me over 7 years ago.  I can't believe they were still viable!  She has garden magic, does our sweet Vanessa.)
 Today's harvest.  I feel salad coming on...

I found this little guy playing in the black-eyed susans the other day.  I am so in love with him.  I think you can click on the picture to make it bigger.  Look at those little antenna!

That's it for me today.  If you've been with me for a while, you may know that August is my hard month.  I've opened the blinds a bit today, and have been doing little things around the house to try to keep my spirits up.  And yet, the migraines are worming their way through my brain and starting to take over.

In fact, I have brownies baking in the oven and the house smells like chocolate nirvana.

So tell me...what is your favorite season and what do you love about it?

thanks for stopping in for a read...
love & blessings
~*~

4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

oh, your food looks perfect for these hot days. You make me wish I had some garden food. Need to head to town for some..... but today the mountains are calling.

I love all the seasons. But the first half of spring here is gray and muddy, so it is my least favored. Where as most places I lived spring was my favorite with flowers and new grasses growing.

I am sorry to hear you have such bad headaches.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like the play of light and shadow in your butterfly photo. I think autumn is my favourite season too. Beautiful leaves, cooler weather, Halloween!

Magaly Guerrero said...

The phrase "I feel salad coming on" made me laugh with delight. Thank you for that.

For four decades, my favorite season was summer--I just loved the heat. Then chemo did something weird to the way my body deals with temperature and autumn has become my first seasonal love, followed my spring...

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the way the light and shadow work in your butterfly photograph.

My two favourite seasons are spring and autumn.

All the best Jan