27 July 2020

light...






I have trouble with light.  Bright lights are my doom and send ice pick daggers of pain through my eyes and into my brain.  

The photos above represent the extent of the light currently in my life.  If I turn on any lights in the house, it is usually twinkle lights.  The blinds stay closed unless the sun has mostly set or it is a storm cloudy day.

Stepping outside requires sunglasses and they never come off in stores.  The world is a very bright place for someone who is sensitive to light.

My poor houseplants aren't adapting very well.  I've lost several and have almost decided to stop trying.  But I love having plants in the house.  

I'm not really sure why I felt the need to post about this.  I doubt it is interesting to anyone, but I'm trying to go with my instincts.

If you come across someone in a shop, on the street or even in a home, and they don't take their sunglasses off, it may be because they have severe light sensitivity in their eyes.  Don't give them a hard time.  Don't make fun of them or ask them to take off their shades. (It happens more than you would think.)

The need for darkness has been getting worse the last few years.  Looking at screens (phones, computer, etc.) are very uncomfortable.  If I ever find a form of relief for these headaches and migraines, I'm going to shout it to the universe.

Anywho...
That's all for today.  Hope you are all doing well.

love & blessings
~*~

 

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That must be very distressing. The only time I have light sensitivity is when I've been to the ophthalmologist and my eyes are dilated. Then I wear those big "senior citizen" wrap-around sunglasses to shield my eyes for the next couple of hours.

Lesley Austin said...

I'm sorry for the light affliction, Laura, especially in these days when there is so much darkness. May some soft, grey days come your way soon. xo Lesley