01 November 2015

November



Hello, November.  I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween/Samhain yesterday.  Mine was quite productive and enjoyable.  I only had two small groups of trick or treaters. I think there was a total of 8 kids.  Now I have all this leftover candy.  Oh my.  But...

I made supper for the ancestors, did my reading for the new year and reviewed last years reading.  Looking back it was really quite spot on.  

I really enjoyed inktober.  (I still need to photograph and share my last few days here.)  In fact, I enjoyed doing it so much that I've signed up to participate in Art Everyday Month (AEDM) and National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo).  So, you should see me here every day during the month of November, and I'm hoping that it will create a habit of writing here on a regular basis.  I've really not planned out any posts or prompts, I'm just going to go with the flow for now.  I figure having the AEDM to share will help with my posts.

It was chilly and rainy here this morning.  After a few hours of putting away Halloween decorations and getting the house (mostly) back in shape, I sat and did a page spread in the art journal I started last year.  It didn't turn out as I'd first expected(somehow things never do), and the photo isn't very good, but it is something.  Then I moved into the living room and lit the fireplace.  There is just something about a wood burning fire.  The smell, the popping and crackling of the wood.  I just love it.

Do you have anything special planned for this month?  I'd love to hear about it.

thanks for stopping by!
love & blessings
~*~



4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad to meet you through AEDM. I really like your journal page, and I can almost smell the wood burning in your fireplace. I look forward to visiting during November, and will be interested in all the art you will make and all the beautiful photos you will share with us.

Aine O'Brien said...

We had a good turnout this year. No rain and an increase in children in our neighborhood helped make it a great Halloween Such fun. This month here is all about keeping the hearth fire going. I do a lot of wood shuffling and hauling and fire monitoring. This sparks my genetic memory. I will also be getting the house and yard ready for the Winter.

mxtodis123 said...

I gave up buying candy several years ago when kids just stopped trick or treating...to houses that is. Now they go out early and only to stores. Sad the way the world has changed. Such a fun holiday when we were kids.
Mary

Laura Morrigan said...

I love fireplaces! Looks cosy! I also love how you put the flower in the statue's hands!