18 November 2015

keeping busy...

Today has been quiet.  I took a nice walk this morning on a new route.  This one keeps me mostly out of the traffic and is along a nice quiet road.  There is a large section of land that is like a rolling field.  I wish I could go out there and just lie in that field and watch the clouds roll by.  If I knew who owned it I might would ask permission to do just that.  Oh well...

I spent the rest of the day, bouncing between painting and knitting.  I took that canvas from earlier in the month and changed it up with new color.  As I added it, an image came to me and I knew what I wanted to paint.  It's not done, as I've run into a bit of a problem.
 The previous colors of the canvas (the orangey) is bleeding through turning the white to a very light peach-ish color.  I put about four coats of gesso on the canvas before I started adding the blue.  There is at least three layers of blue and then I started the actual image.  I'm not sure how to fix it so may have to start this on a clean canvas and then do something different with this one.  :-/
 
Scoreboard is coming along.  I'm a week behind, but this is our bye week, so I'll catch up before the next game on the 29th.

I'm starting to think about Thanksgiving plans.  I'm hosting again this year.  I've planned the meal and ordered the turkey, now I need to figure out the schedule for prep. I can't believe that it is only a week away.  Time is just streaming by, isn't it?

What have you been up to today?

thanks for stopping by!
love & blessings
~*~

7 comments:

Barbara B said...

I love the way it's looking. I'd say finish it and play with how the orange leaks through...you might get some interesting effects. If you see it through in a playful way, it might give you some insights if you decide to do another one. Worst case it can become the background for a collage : )

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like that painting very much! It would be worth redoing it on a new canvas.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I really like the painting. It reminds me of a fox in a den. It's very sweet. Good luck with prepping. It's always tricky to prep. xoox Su

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't see the peach color in the canvas, but my computer monitor doesn't give the best color, either. However, if it's that noticeable to you, you might have to change the white and turn it into something like an abstract. I really like it, though, and agree with Barbara B about finishing it before you make any snap decisions.

Like you, I'm having trouble believing Thanksgiving is nearly here. Not sure why I take on this month long challenge when I know I'm having company like you. Hosting and prepping will come together in the end, I'm sure. If not, your guests will either pitch in to help, or sit and relax while you stress unnecessarily.

Laura Morrigan said...

I love the composition of cloudy, snowy painting! Maybe teh peach colour leaking through will be like sunset clouds!

Magic Love Crow said...

Maybe put some blue over the white and then when it dries, put your white back on? Could work ;o)

Stacie said...

I love that painting! It makes me feel warm and cozy. I would try painting the white part with gesso, as if it were white paint. I have salvaged many things with gesso. I can't wait to see it when it's done!