02 May 2013

sometimes surprises are good...

Last week, on a particularly bad day, I found a package in my mail box.  When I looked at the return label I recognized the name and was immediately bewildered.  I was rushing out to an appointment when I got the mail so couldn't open the package right away.  I worried over it for hours, wondering what it was and if I'd managed to purchase something without remembering.


When I finally made it home, I opened up the package to find a note (that left me just as confused) and this lovely pair of earrings.
Pink, sparkly, dangle-y, sugar skulls...perfectly me!  I instantly fell in love with them!!

Like I said earlier, I recognized the label of Blue Finch Jewelry and knew this was sent by the lovely and talented Rachel Stewart.  I met Rachel last fall at the fabulously amazing Red Thread Retreat.  Rachel is a fantastic person and so sweet.  I was so happy to get to know her a little (as well as the other wonderful women) and spend time creating. 

In an effort to solve the mystery, I went to her blog (you might remember I'd been on an online hiatus for several months) and discovered that she'd sent out earrings to people who followed or commented during a specific time period.  I'm still so honored to have been included and also am amazed at how Rachel seemed to tailor the earrings to each person. 

I highly recommend that you visit her blog and shop.  I bet you find something you like.  :-)

Thank you so much, Rachel!  You are so fabulous!  I can't tell you how much you brightened my day!

blessings
~*~





2 comments:

Bluefinch said...

I am so glad you liked them! After enjoying your blog, I knew immediately what I was going to make for you! I hope you get some relief soon! Make something, anything, it will make you feel better!
XO
Rachel

Bluefinch said...

I LOVE your blog header! Spring is here! YEAH!
XO
Rachel