28 May 2013

a hopeful week...

The moon was beautiful this weekend.  Did you see it?  I love moon watching, don't you? Sometimes I can get good photos and sometimes not so well.  This one worked out well.


After all the rains, the birds started taking advantage of the bird bath outside my front door.  It was so fun watching them.  I laughed at their antics.  I was able to get a few good photos of them. One is below.

 I finally got the garden in.  All the pumpkins are planted, as well as the tomatoes, peppers, eggplants.  I'm hoping to get lots of good veggies this summer.  And tons of beautiful pumpkins in the fall.  Fingers crossed, wishes sent!  :-)


 I found another mulberry tree beside my property.  There is one on the side of the yard, but I can't reach the limbs to collect berries.  Now that the land is cleared I've found one at the back corner of the property and it has loads of limbs low enough that I can collect lots of berries.  I have NO IDEA what to do with them.  But it is so much fun to pick them and they are so very sweet!  I'm thinking I might try a bread with them.  I'd love any suggestions anyone has.

I've been doing a lot of drawing in my sketch pad.  I've started using color and it makes all the difference.  One of my biggest influences/inspirations right now is the fabulous Magickal Meliss.  She shares lots of videos of how she creates and it is so inspiring to me.  I also love the art of the beautiful Miss Vanessa.  I hope to keep creating and maybe share some more here with you.

I hope you had a lovely weekend.  Mine was spent in the garden, at the farmer's market, a birthday dinner with my family (yummy steak!).  It's a busy week for me doctor visit and test wise.  Nerves are stretching thin as I hate tests.  Anywho, I hope it is a good week for you and I'll try to get back here soon.  I'm counting the days until I have pumpkin seed sprouts to show!  :-)

blessings
~*~

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Oh, hugs, Dear Laura....no one likes to go to the doctor :(

....but the news of your garden! Splendid! I can't get enough of the birds, too....I love to wake up to the sounds of chirping every morning!

Perhaps mixing those sweet berries into yogurt with granola...and make breakfast parfaits? Maybe layer over pound cake with fresh whipped cream?

Mmmmm....making my mouth water! Haha!

Rylahn said...

Botanically the fruit is not a berry but a collective fruit, in appearance like a swollen loganberry. When the flowers are pollinated, they and their fleshy bases begin to swell. Ultimately they become completely altered in texture and color, becoming succulent, fat and full of juice. In appearance, each tiny swollen flower roughly resembles the individual drupe of a blackberry.