23 May 2013

make a wish...


Hi There.  It's been a few days so I thought I'd pop in and share a quick Hi.  It's been a pretty decent few days.  I've been able to keep myself moving along despite the headaches and am happy with my progress.  I've got the new raised bed ready to plant.  Planting of peppers and eggplants is on the agenda for tomorrow although I'm a tad afraid that my seedlings aren't quite as big as they should be before I put them out.  So far my tomatoes are not looking good (except for the Gardener's Delight Cherry toms - they seem to be hanging in).
Yesterday was market day and I picked up a big bucket of strawberries (I have no idea what I'm going to do with them all - I'm thinking Strawberry Bread though) and the below bouquet of flowers. 


I also went to a couple of garden centers and ended up with more flowers to plant than I'd planned.  I bought cosmos, bee balm, delphinium, salvia and a few others that I can't remember.  Six of the cosmos were planted yesterday in the front of the sunflower bed.  I am not quite certain where the rest will go, but I so love them.  Tomorrow will be a mowing and planting day for certain.  I also hope to get those pumpkin seeds in the ground.
So, today is really a do nothing but lounge day.  It was going to be a garden day but we had storms during the night and it was way too wet to do anything at 6:30 this morning.  The one day when I should sleep in, I'm wide awake early and raring to go.  Figures...  :-)

Today has been pretty good.  Several phone calls, an email from an old friend, a couple of cards and a surprise invitation to lunch (which was yummy and some how resulted in my buying two new pairs of shoes).  Why is this worth mentioning?  Well, because today, I turn 44 years old.  Yep, today is my birthday.  My birthdays are pretty much like every other day.  Nothing special, just a normal day.  And today was a tad bit different.  I'm not sure why, but it does feel different.  I feel different.

So anyway, last night I got this urge so I baked up this little cake for me to have on my birthday.  It's box cake mix, but I made the frosting from scratch.


A couple hours ago, I took my little leaning tower of cake, lit three candles -past, present, future - said a little spell and blew out the candles, sending wishes floating off like smoke.  I wonder if you would like to make a wish too?  It isn't too late.  My wish is floating out there and you can send yours to join it.  Wouldn't it be great if everyone made a wish and each persons wish built on the next?  I love magical thinking.  Heck, I love magic.  :-)


So, have a slice of cake - it's a magic cake so there is enough for everyone - make your wish and enjoy the rest of your day.  I'm going to.  In fact, I might have two pieces...  :-)

blessings
~*~

ps...you don't have to share your wish, just send it out to the universe and let the magic happen.   ♥

1 comment:

Lorna said...

My wish for your birthday has several levels, but the basic is for you to have a happy birthday and a wonderful 45th year.