02 September 2009

It is... September...

The air is cool, the windows are open...

I love this time of year. Fall is really approaching and even though the temperatures during the day are heading back up into the 80's, at night, it is a very cool 60's. The moon will be full in two days... mercury retrograde is back in four...topsy turvy, turvy topsy...

I've hurt my foot (the doctor can't tell me exactly what is wrong) but it is keeping me from the garden. I'm going to try to get out there this weekend, even if I'm hobbling. I have someone coming to mow tomorrow or Friday, so I'll only have to weed... weed... weed... weed...
I seem to have the most fertile soil in the county. I can't keep the weeds away.

I've only one pumpkin left... the littlest rotted out. The big one seems to still be safe though. I'll find out for certain this weekend. I'm holding out until at least the first week in October to harvest it. I've not done very well on my vegetable goals this summer. I had wanted to really eat as much as I could that came from my own garden... but honestly, most of it has either been frozen, or gone bad before I could eat it. Next year, I WILL do better.

I'm getting ready to plant some fall/winter crops. I want to plant some more garlic, some collards and maybe some kale.

Last night I dreamed about animals. Bears, deer, and something that looked like cougar, but the eyes and horns were different. The biggest thing I remembered was that I was upset that I didn't have my camera. This morning, I made sure to put my camera in my bag and keep it with me all day. I never saw any unusual animals, but I will continue to keep it with me.

Sorry this is just a bunch of ramblings tonight. My brain is mushy and I'm very tired.

Tomorrow night is the official start of football season, yet another sign that fall is here. I'm going to Charlotte to see the Panthers and Steelers. Hopefully this trip will be much better than the last one.

I'm going to head outside now and see if I can get a few moon photos (and enjoy this beautiful cool weather).

Blessings
~*~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you make me feel sooo lazy!
Nearly everything here rotted away because of all the rain!
And the rest got eaten by the slugs and rabbits!
You have a beautiful garden and obviously very green thumbs...and fingers...well probably green feet as well.
Does that make any sense...I sometimes wonder if my words sound odd to other people?
My daughter just picked her tomatoes today, but there isn't much more to pick till the apples ripen...or rot...or get snaffled by the wild ones outside...
Ah! the joys of living in the countryside...

jaz@octoberfarm said...

not sure which side you were on but the panthers sure got stomped. i hope you didn't have to drive too far. my garden has been a huge disappointment this year.