12 March 2007

Is it really time for Spring?

I walked out to the garden today. My garlics and collards seem to have weathered the winter very well. I'm going to have to dig up my garlics when I get ready for new planting. I'll have to till and am planning to expand the size of my garden. I also checked on my pots and it seems my sage, oregano and chives are all starting to come out. If I could be assured of a decent snowfall, then I would love to have one more blast of winter. But if I can't have snow, then I'm ready for spring. I'm ready to open the windows and air out the house. I'm ready for warmth and flowers, planting and watching what I plant grow over time. It makes me feel as if I've done something important.

I still haven't decided what to plant this year in the vegetable garden. I'd also like to expand my herb collection.

Blessings,
~*~

No comments: