31 December 2020

gratitude... a year in review...



 

hello, my dears...

the end of 2020 is here and for some it is already 2021.  i'm fairly certain there is not a person on the planet that is not happy to see this year end and a new one begin.  i know i am.  how about you?

i don't have a lot of photos to share in this post.  the top is how my art desk looks now.  i've spent some time this week getting it cleaned up and changing it up a bit.  now it is ready for the new year and new arting.

the second photo is of an art journal spread i did on the 14th.  i was feeling very, very bad.  a combination of a burgeoning migraine and depression and was trying to fight the pull of the well.  i wanted to paint, but i also just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep for days.  i remembered something effy wild said about how even if you don't feel like it, come to the table.  so i did.  i was very happy i did and i loved how she turned out.  i chose 'choice' as the word at her throat because i made the choice to keep myself out of the well for that day.  and that was good.  and that was progress...

so...

my word for 2020 was gratitude.  i had a tendency to not be grateful for things that i should and i learned during 2019 that i had a lot to be grateful for.  i think it was a wise choice and it definitely had an impact.  i recognize it now, and acknowledge my gratitude every single day.  even in the middle of a migraine or while sinking to the bottom of the well, i am grateful.

the word that chose me for 2021 appeared back in october.  when it presented itself, i thought it was wonderful.  i'll share that tomorrow.


i meant to be here more the past few weeks.  but, like always, the holidays are difficult.  and, of course, this year, even worse.  i chose to not participate in our family holiday meal.  my sil had been exposed to the virus, through work and i just couldn't bring myself to take a chance. (she has since been tested several times and all have come back negative)

so, i stayed home.  i did cook part of the meal though, so that i could have some of it.  (i can't eat anything prepared by someone else, yet).

now i'm ready to enjoy the rest of the year: nachos for dinner and maybe a tiny sip of eggnog with the nog near to midnight and working on my 2021 planner.

tomorrow is a new start.  not a stop, not an end.  but a curve around the wheel of time.

i hope you have a had as wonderful a holiday season as possible and that the new year ahead brings you all the joy and happiness you deserve.

thank you for being here with me and reading along.

love, kisses & magical wishes...

~*~

3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful post Laura! I love your art room and I am so happy you painted your lady! I'm glad your SIL is negative! Wishing you many blessing for 2021! Happy New Year!

Holly said...

Many blessings to you this New Year. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I plan on cleaning my office/ art space tomorrow.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great photos, and I love the art piece in particular! Have a Happy New Year and best wishes for 2021! Looking forward to learning your new Word of the Year tomorrow.