01 May 2018

in my garden... beltane edition





Happy and Blessed Beltane to you all! 

I hope you've been able to spend a little time with nature.  We are having summer like weather and I'm trying to enjoy it a little at a time.  Yesterday was breakfast on the patio and tomorrow I'm hoping/planning for a trip to the farmers market for fresh strawberries.  They've been coming in for a few weeks now but I've yet to taste one.  Soon!!

The rose bush above is one the previous owner had planted.  It's a knockout rose, which I'm not that fond of, but it certainly does bloom profusely.  It was more than double that size last month, but I cut it back and now it is covered in blooms.  The peonies, also planted by the previous owner, are ready to burst and the ants are swarming for their take of the sweet nectar.  I so love peonies, but really don't like the ants!

My blueberry bush (top photo) survived the winter and has more berries on it than ever.  I'm very excited for those to ripen up.  It's still potted as I can't quite figure out where to put it in the ground.

I'm taking it easy with the plantings this year.  Most of my household plants died off this winter and I'd like to start building them back up.  I have some ideas for making a little garden patch in my little patio garden, but I don't want to rush into anything and give myself too much a chance to fail.  So a few pots of herbs this summer, maybe a tomato and pepper in a pot and that will do me.  

Tell me, what's going on in your garden?

Thanks for stopping in to read...

love and blessings
~*~

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beltane Blessings to you! What a beautiful rose!

Marilyn Miller said...

What lovely things in your garden. So much is going on now in my garden. The first roses have bloomed, then there are lilacs, snowballs, azaleas, rhododendron, and too many bluebells.

Magic Love Crow said...

Beltane Blessings! Such a beautiful garden! Wow! Things are just starting to come up here! Big Hugs!

Magaly Guerrero said...

The weather has been a bit mad around these parts. My tomatoes and strawberries are barely beginning to bloom. My citrus plants took a beating from the wind. But things are beginning to sprout again. Slowly. So, we shall build our gardens back up together.