01 November 2017

November...






Hello November...

It is weird to say, but I'm glad Halloween is over.  I think I jumped the gun a bit this year and overdid my indulgence.  Normally, I decorate for Halloween on October 1st.  This year, I started in the middle of September.  And now...

I'm just ready for pumpkins, fires, candlelight, cozy blankets and autumnal rest.  I am ready to put away the skulls, jack-o-lanterns, spiderwebs and creepy/scary stuff.  I usually leave Halloween decorations up until November 3rd, but I've already started taking things down and I've only been awake for a couple of hours.

I had to search my photo archives to give you the image above. (I'm still trying to find that gash darn connector for my camera so I can download the loads of pictures.  I even tried just removing the data card but I don't have a slot on my computer that it fits. Time for a new camera?) It is from 2009, a pot of pansies I had at my front porch at the old cottage.  Gosh, sometimes I really, REALLY miss that little old house. 

I can't seem to settle in here at the newest townhouse.  I'm not sure why.  I've been here for almost six months and still don't feel home.  Do you know what I mean?  I haven't figured out what to do about that, yet...

Thanks to all those who visited and commented this past weekend for Magaly's October Heart-Bits.  Just as last year, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the wonderfully kind comments you all left me.  Storytelling is something I've always loved.  I constantly seem to have stories running through my head, some I've written out, but most just play out in my brain until it is time to let them go.  Even though they seem fabulous in my head, when I start putting them down on paper (or computer screen), they seem to get warped.  There has always been a slight disconnect between what's in my head and what comes out and that has made writing (something I've always wanted to do) difficult.  

So when I do these little challenges and the work is well received, I get goosebumps and little zings of joy spin through my body.  So, again, thank you!

Well, I suppose I'll run along.  These decorations aren't going to put themselves away. 

thanks for stopping by!
love & blessings
~*~

 

 

2 comments:

debi o'neille said...

We moved to a new place a year and a half ago. Didn't feel like home until I had added a garden designed by us to the yard, a new deck and railing of our choice to the side of the house, and family pictures to our walls. Still, it took a good year before it felt like home, and our former home felt more like a former home and no longer invaded on the "home of today" feelings. I hope that makes sense. Another words, give it time. Your new place will feel like home a little more each day.
I'm enjoying following your blog. Hope to see more posts from you often..

Magic Love Crow said...

Take it one day at a time, with your new place. If you are meant to move again, you will! Until then, make your new place, your home!! Make it you!! I felt the same about Halloween too! Thank you for your stories! Keep creating! Big Hugs!