29 September 2010

farmers market wednesday

it took me three days to get through all the practical magic blog party participants list. it was so much fun and i really loved it. i wasn't that happy with my post, but all those lovely comments that were left for me made me feel much better about it.

yesterday was a beautiful fall day but i never got any pictures. rain moved in early this morning and has been a steady visitor along with a very cool 65 degrees. it is fabulous! but the rain does prevent me from working in the garden, which had been on today's agenda, so i hied myself off to the local farmer's market in town as i hadn't been in it feels like ages!
i picked up some yummy yellow squash, a nice bunch of basil, a pretty hunk of ginger (which i plan to tincture) and some lovely apples -all of which i didn't photograph...

i also picked up these


and this lovely was waiting just for me...

my first pumpkin - i'll be heading out in the next day or so to the big farmers market on the outskirts of town hunting more pumpkins... i've loved watching Vanessa's pumpkin growing odyssey over this summer and have decided to collect as many pumpkins as i can and save the seeds in hopes of having my own magic pumpkin garden next year...

in other news, my leave from work has been extended indefinitely. my doctor wrote me out "until further notice" so there is no return date looming over me. honestly, part of me is very worried about this - but only because of the financial aspect of it. the other part, the part that doesn't miss the stress, the games and the bs is well...thrilled. i have no idea how this will all work out but i'm determined to not stress out over it. i'm determined to have faith that i am exactly where i'm supposed to be and that all i need will be provided for me. i am remembering this word and what it means.

i'm going to head off for now, i have many things i've been working on this week and need to get back to them...
blessings
~*~

12 comments:

JoAnne said...

What a perfect white pumpkin Laura! They're hard to find by me. I had to settle for a bunch of baby boos.
Thanks for the visit and sweet comment.
xoJoAnne

Victoria said...

Such beautiful treasures...enjoy..that pumpkin is magnificent! Wishing you well on your journey and all that is divine and perfect for you!
Blessings
Victoria~

Patricia said...

Oh a magic pumpkin garden, what a great idea!!! I wish I had more space--maybe I should just get rid of our driveway and garage, eh? Hey I will be in touch soon to send you the Vignoli seeds but was also wondering if you wanted any Nasturtium seeds, they are coming on like mad right now! If you are on Ravelry I'm Knitsburgher, if not we'll figure out another way to get your snail mail address in a confidential way. Glad you are enjoying the season and of course, GO STEELERS!!!

Cameron said...

I'm loving that Ghost Pumpkin...it is perfect!

I admit I'm a bit late here, but whatever the reason you are away from work....try not to worry....as you said, this may be exactly what you are supposed to be doing right now...this time may be very necessary for healing on many levels :)

Thank you for becoming a new Blog Buddy! I'm so happy to have you join me on my artistic journey!

Take care,
Cameron

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohhh a ghost pumpkin~its so wonderful :) so glad you had a lovely time at the market!

although the finances may worry you please try to put them in the back of your mind. you now have the time to heal, no matter how long it takes and thats what important right now
xoxoox

jaz@octoberfarm said...

there is something so magical about the white pumpkins! i planted pumpkins and got one little pumpkin and the groundhogs got all the rest of the blossoms! love your header!

Lauren said...

What a lovely pumpkin! Fall is my favorite time of year :) I hope that you begin to heal soon and that you can enjoy this time away from work--don't worry, things just seem to have a way of working out for the best :) Hugs to you! ~Lauren

Jennifer MacNeill said...

That is indeed the perfect white pumpkin:)

Elizabeth Rhiannon said...

Hi Laura...What a great pumpkin! I love your new header, that looks great! Enjoy your farmers market goodies (they look wonderful!), enjoy your rain (we had a couple downpours lately, love it!) and Happy, Blessed October! Stay well

CatHerder said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WHITE PUMPKIN!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and am inspired to go get myself a white pumpkin!! I am definately a new follower! Blessings!

Victoria said...

HI again..hope you are having a sparkly day! Thanks always for your wonderful comments and visits..you make my world sparkle!
Much appreciation!
Victoria~