02 September 2020

september...

 


i love september...

i love the turn in the air that brings cooler weather. i love the shorter days. i love the scent of the air.

i love pumpkins...

here in my part of the south, september is part summer/part autumn and really the best mix of both.

today i'm trying to decide if i want to bring out the halloween decor.  i'm mostly a stick to the month decorator when it comes to holidays.  for example, i decorate for autum (normally) starting september 1st, bring out halloween on oct 1st and go back to just autumn nov 1st.  winter decor comes out dec 1st with yule/santa stuff going back in storage a few days after the 25th.

this year feels different.

i started putting autumn decor out on aug 1st. maybe i'll wait a few days then hunt up the halloween stuff.

i just realized i've not been to the farmer's market at all this year.  that is very depressing.  i'm going to try to go tomorrow or friday.  i'd love some fresh local corn, and apples...oh and PUMPKINS!!!  

the photo above is actually from september 2015.  i don't really have one autumnal from this year, yet.


well, that's all for my ramblings today.  do you have a schedule for your holiday/seasonal decorating?  are you ready for autumn, or are you a spring/summer person?

thanks for stopping by for a read...

love & blessings

~*~


ps...i appreciate the comments and suggestions from my last post.  i know that therapy doesn't wholly work without all the information...so yes, i know i didn't help myself during those therapies... thanks again  xoxo

4 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love decorating with pumpkins, apples, and autumn leaves. I will wait a couple more weeks, though.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love those wee pumpkins!

Angela Kawada (Sukeban AK) said...

Autumn is my FAVORITE season and I love Winter too!!!! Halloween is my absolute favoritest holiday and Samhain my favorite Sabbat. I feel especially magickal this year and it's not even the official season yet. I can't wait.

I haven't been to a market this year either, so sad. With COVID, not much has been open. ;.; I love fresh apple butter, mmmm.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the Autumn season.
I like the apples, pumpkin and wine picture.

All the best Jan