03 October 2015

busy little bee...

 I've been staying pretty busy lately.  Lots of knitting and studio play.

 My Steelers Scoreboard KAL.  I've the first game and part of the second on the needles.  They don't play again until a week from Monday, so I'm hoping to be caught up.  I knit pretty slowly and my stitches get tight if I'm not paying attention.  It has taken me about seven hours of knitting to get that far.  Because of how slow I am and all the other things I'm doing, I've decided to hold off on the Heels scoreboard I was going to knit.  
 I found these little cork top bottles at Target the other day.  They were $1 each so I bought several.  I've already put two to use and I have plans for these two.
 My Halloween mantle decorations.  I'm pretty happy with it.  I tend to move things around and rearrange a lot during the season so we'll see if this gets tweaked.
 My new shoes!  I saw them used as a decoration at Mary's blog and fell in love with them.  The last time I was this crazy over a pair of shoes, I was never able to find them. So, I went on a mission.  I found these on sale at Kohl's website, plus I had coupons so they were pretty reasonable.  I never order shoes online.  I have a hard time finding shoes that fit comfortably, so I'm always afraid to go that route.  But I just had to have these, so I took a chance.  They came today and I tried them on right off.  They fit!  Plus they make me about 4 inches taller (which is great when you are as vertically challenged as I am!).   I also found a cream colored pair which I really, really want and am fighting with myself about ordering.
I've spent quite a bit of time in my studio the past several days.  I've played with paint, feathers, tulle, wood, glitter and clay.  I've been wanting to get my hands in clay for over a year.  Finally!  It felt really good.  I have several small things drying.  I am looking forward to being able to paint them and see how they turn out.

That girl up there.  I think she's finished.  The paint is still drying and I may put a sealant on it, but I think she's done.  (The picture is just a small portion of the piece.)  She's one of my faceless girls.  I've done a few things like that, where I leave the face blank.  She could be anyone or everyone.  I'll show her full picture soon.

It's still raining here.  Well, not right this second, but it has been raining every day.  I woke yesterday with aches and pains and was freezing.  I decided to keep myself home.  Today was even colder and I'm congested and my throat hurts.  Maybe walking in the rain is not such a good idea.  I hope to get back to walking tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to work on that scoreboard kal.  How's your weather?  Have you decorated for Halloween?

thanks for stopping by, 
love & blessings
~*~

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Hi Laura, I found your blog via Vanessa's. Your Halloween mantel is so pretty. My mantle is done, but I haven't posted any photos of it yet, I better remedy that soon. I love your new shoes, you've inspired me to look for a pair.

Blessings,

Victoria

Unknown said...

Those are the kind of shoes I crave! I get a catalogue that carries a Victorian-style of shoes; their online site is http://www.victoriantradingco.com/category/103104/footwear

Ms Misantropia said...

Love the mantel, LOVE the shoes!
I'm glad you are getting back to creating.