21 November 2008

magic

To me, winter is a magical time. Everything goes dormant, quiet and hunkered down in whatever cocoon we can find to keep us warm and toasty. A cup of tea or hot chocolate..our favorite book... the smell of wood burning in someones fireplace... these are things that to me... make winter days magical...

Even though it is not yet winter, in my area, we have had winter temperatures for quite a while now. As I leave the house each morning for work, the air is brisk and nippy, chilling my face and hands and making me wish for my warm, cozy bed.

Early this morning, I awoke to find that the sky outside was just a tad different than it should have been in November in my neck of the woods. In fact, I groggily thought that it almost looked like a night filled with snow. (Yes, I said the S word!) I chided myself as I made my sleepy way to the window, that there was no way it could have actually snowed. My neighbor must have her outside lights on, I thought, that is why the night looks so ... well... light.

Imagine my surprise, when I peeked through the blinds... to find...



Yes... it really did snow!

Of course, when I made this discovery, it was three something in the morning and much darker. I took the photo above just before leaving for work, around 6:45 this morning. I also took this one...



...pansies slumbering under a blanket of snow...trying to keep freezing their pretty little petals off...

the moon on this snowy morning was very pretty as well...

there is so much magic in a snowy moonlit fall morning... and winter is still to come!

Blessings,
~*~

2 comments:

Draven said...

So beautiful, thank you for sharing...

Zom said...

I love your snowy photos. I am sweltering in Australia so it is cooling just to look.

thanks for visiting my blog and liking it enough to sign up!