16 November 2008

a cozy day...

I have spent a cozy day indoors today for the most part. I did venture out early this morning to the grocers to pick up a few items I needed. I have had a most productive day really. I finished a book, washed several loads of laundry, washed dishes, swept the entire house and cleaned the windows on my back door.

A little while ago I went out and took all my empty garden pots and my outdoor cushions to the shed. Tonight it should get into the 20's so I thought this would be a good time. It is amazing the difference in temperature since yesterday. It really felt like an Indian summer day yesterday, but today it is much chillier, although we have kept the blustering winds and that adds to the chill.

The past few hours I have spent knitting in front of the fire and a lovely movie, "You've Got Mail". I love that movie! In fact, I actually pulled it out last night (I have it on VHS) and watched it, and when I sat down to knit I found that it was coming on abc family channel, so I watched again!


I've been sipping hot tea, knitting and watching a movie. What could be better on a cold blustery day?

I'm off to hurry to feed the kids before the football game starts. Yes, I love football! It is snowing in Pittsburgh (I'm a die-hard Steelers fan!) and I can't wait to watch the snow, the football, sip my tea and knit. Just lovely!

I forgot to mention my knitting progress. I started a sock class last week because try as I might I could not remember or figure out how to do it. I have about 10 more inches to knit before Tuesday nights class. This is my second pair of socks and I'm looking forward to becoming more proficient with it. :-)


Enjoy your evening.
Blessings,
~*~

2 comments:

Sara said...

I, too, took a sock knitting class when we moved up to New Hampshire four years ago. And, I haven't been able to stop knitting socks since then!!!

Enjoy your class!!!

Amy said...

Your photo looks so cozy and comfortable. I would love to knit - I can get the stitches fine but my tension always seems to be off. So, I get impatient and go back to crochet :) Have you been to Jane Brocket's blog www.yarnstorm.com ? She's is constantly knitting gorgeous socks (and other projects). I suspect you would enjoy her website.

Amy