28 June 2019

friday in the garden...














Just a few snippets from my garden today...

A blue-tailed skink climbing down the fence...

What I think are cicadas mating in the roses (they flew off right after I took the photo and were still attached)...

A cucumber almost ready for me to pick...

Million bells, salvia and zinnias in what I'm calling the Goddess Garden...

A few green beans, but the stalk has tons of flowers blooming so I'm hopeful there will be more...

A pretty green dragonfly that followed me around while I took photos...

One of the many hydrangea blossoms...

Some Roma tomatoes getting big, hoping they'll start to turn soon...

And today's harvest... pretty small as the blueberry bush is almost spent, and I could only find a few beans ready to be picked.  I'll add those to the few I picked a couple days ago and add them all to the mess I bought at the farmer's market on Wednesday.  

I also saw another black snake (not the same one from the last post as his/her face shape is different) but I didn't have my camera with me at the time.

It's been hot here this week.  I think we topped out today at 89F, but the heat index hit 100F.  The rest of the week was in the 90's.  I've been working on a big project in the heat for the last two weeks but I finally finished it up late this morning.  That heat really knocked me for a loop and took every bit of energy I had.  I've basically been a vegetable all afternoon.  :-)

Tell me, what's catching your attention in your garden this week?

Thanks for stopping in for a read...

love & blessings
~*~

 
 

 

 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That skink is so cute!

Magic Love Crow said...

Take care of yourself in the heat! I had a bunny visit this morning, that was fun! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love hydrangeas, yours looks a lovely colour.

All the best Jan