16 August 2012

more random ramblings...

 When I mowed the back yard on Monday, this is what I found.  Isn't it beautiful?  I planted this dahlia two springs ago.  It is the only one I have and I always forget how late it blooms, so I forget I have it.  I found at least three buds on it.  I keep going out every day to see how it is doing.

 This was dinner tonight.  I made biscuits and had them with butter and peach jam.  I went the easy way and made them with Bisquick but they were pretty good.  The jam is my first attempt at peach freezer jam.  I was very worried, but it was so delicious!  I need loaf bread so I can have a peanut butter and peach jam sandwich.  :-)


Getting back into the blogging habit is harder than I thought it would be.  I think of things that I want to post about, but never at times that I can get to the computer.  Then I want to have nice photos and have become addicted to editing them first and putting on these cute borders.  It takes time, but it's fun.  I'll get there.  I am doing better with keeping up with my blog roll, so that is something.

August is now half over and September (and Autumn) are on their way.  I've been able to turn off the A/C and tolerate the temperature during the day.  At night the temps are dropping to the low 60's, so it is perfect open window sleeping for me.  I'm hoping for another trip to the mountain house soon. 

I'm starting to get into the mood for Autumn.  I'll start changing out my decor for fall in September.  Meanwhile, it is time to plan the fall garden.  The beans are just about done producing, so I'll need to pull them out soon and plant something else.  Well, I'm off.  I hope you are all having a lovely week.

blessings
~*~

9 comments:

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Such a pretty surprise in the garden. Your jam looks delicious. I know what you mean about the fall, I love Halloween and was thinking about what to do this season already.

blessings & bliss
Sue

QueenCreative said...

Those biscuits with peach jam look divine, yum yum I want some!

Love QueenCreative

Heather said...

Hello there! Things are looking lovely at your place! Now I want biscuits and jelly :D I am so ready for September and fall as well. Its going to be such a welcome relief!

Lorna said...

"I think of things that I want to post about, but never at times that I can get to the computer. "

Also the bane of my life; I'm trying hard because blogging is much more rewarding than FBing, but life gets in the way.

Anne said...

That dahlia is gorgeous! I've just discovered your lovely blog, and am now following! So nice to "meet" you! ♥
Hugs,
Anne

Ms Misantropia said...

I also just made the first jam of the season yesterday - cinnamon plum. This morning it filled my mouth with autumny sensations (cinnamon does that)!

Anonymous said...

Your peach jam sounds wonderful! Yes I am getting as well for Autumn. I thought about changing the wreath outside today. Just love the cooler weather as well!

Lauren said...

Wow, that all looks so yummy!!

I wanted to let you know that you won my Tea Party giveaway, my Alice and Mad Hatter kokeshi dolls:

http://fairrosie.blogspot.com/2012/08/giveaway-winner-finally-and-other.html

Congratulations! :)

Please email me your mailing address when you get a chance at laurenstar1@yahoo.com and I will get them sent to you!

Thanks :) ~Lauren

Jacqueline said...

Your jam looks incredible. I have to get some peach jam made. I just love freezer jam. I haven't had a lot of time for blogging this summer either, and haven't had any time at all to visit so hope things will slow down now that summer is wrapping up.