16 August 2009

adventures in random...

Over the summer I embarked on several new adventures. The biggest was the remodeling at my home. Another big one was participating in a "Shop Local Fair". The was quite an adventure for me on several levels.

One, I don't like crowds (I have serious social anxiety issues).
Two, I have never vended before and wasn't really sure what I was doing.
Three, I didn't give myself much time to prepare items to sell.

There was no way I was backing out of this, even though every fiber of my being was screaming at me to stay home and bury my head under the pillows. I made myself go and I'm really glad that I did. I had a good time and even sold a few items. :-)

It wasn't nearly as packed as I'd expected it to be. I was in a good mostly shaded spot on the patio and the vendors that were around me were very nice. I had taken to card tables to use but realized that I only needed one for the things that I had. So, I set up my table and proceeded to spend the day hanging out, meeting people and knitting.

The items I was offering were hand-knit scarves (which in July really isn't something people are looking for), beaded bracelets and spirit catchers.



There is another fair planned for November. I'm thinking I might participate again, this time I would have more scarves made and certainly that would be good in November.

I have several other things I want to make, many ideas floating about in my head. It is mostly a matter of sitting down and doing them. I am trying so many different things trying to find the one that I'm really good at. There has to be something...

Another adventure is that I went to a club a few weeks ago and saw my friends band play. I stayed the whole time and didn't get in until after 2am. I had a blast despite the cigarette smoke and all the drunks. I'm hoping to go again soon to see them perform.

The garden is doing nicely. I've had tons of tomatoes, both cheery and big boy. I've also had a good bit of eggplant, bell peppers and jalapenos. I've had several little pumpkins that ended up rotting on the vine, but right now I have two very nice sized ones that are still hanging in there. I am so excited about that. I'll try to get a photo next time I am in the garden.

The landscapers came while I was away from the blog and cleaned up a lot in my jungle. It looks so much nicer. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of most of the ivy with using chemicals.



I have so many ideas for the garden. I can't wait for the weather to turn cooler so I can get back out there working. I just can't work when the temps are over 80...I don't last five minutes.

I'm off now, I need to check the laundry, and get ready to go out. I'm meeting Mum at one of the shops to hunt the sales for cushions for the patio furniture. This is the time to buy and I know the ones I have right now will not last through next summer.




Have a wonderful Sunday...

Blessings
~*~

No comments: