03 May 2009

gardens, blooms and mysteries

Today's post is of photos from my weekend. I spent Saturday morning planting my veggies and then the rest of the day piddling around the house. Today has been relaxation day. I've pretty much done nothing but watch movies (Twilight[again], Practical Magic[again] and currently The Skeleton Key...yeah....again!)

First we have a few photos of the mystery plant that I got from my mum, that she got from my her aunt's house when she passed. If anyone knows what this is, please let me know!





here's a closeup of the blossoms:


Next photo is my veggie garden planted...

the bricks are to keep the cardboard down until they settle into the ground. How do you like my make shift trellis for the snap beans I planted?

this is how much room is left that I can plant in...

I'm thinking of planting pumpkins. I know I'm going to do one more tomato plant and possibly another row of beans, but other than that I'm at a loss as to what to do with the space.

I'll leave you with a photo of something I got at the local farmers market yesterday morning...

mmm...delicious!

back to The Skeleton Key and my dinner, red beans and rice with sausage...

blessings
~*~

2 comments:

Lorna said...

visiting your blog is like taking a walk in a garden---very nice. and it doesn't hurt to be reminded of Twilight every once in a while---I found the movie forgettable, and the book just the opposite. Of course, I do have an erratic memory

Dracenea said...

Your mystery plant looks like Spiderwort, to me.

http://www.bigeastern.com/eotp/tradescantia_ohiensis.htm

I'm still jealous of your garden. :) You're so lucky!