01 December 2018

December...


 (twinkle light reflections on the black marble surround of the fireplace)

(twinkle lights reflecting on my scratched, dirty readers - plus the reflection of the lamp has some pretty cool shapes to it)
December is here...  

Most people probably think of December in reds and greens and bright glittery colors.  Me... I see it in greys, blues, and whites and of course twinkle lights.

I love a lot of things about this time of year.  Things like when the weather turns cold, the skies grow dark and daylight is very short.  I'm not sure why winter calls to me so.  I was a springtime baby and grew up in the south.  Still...winter has a special song it sings to me like no other season.  

I'll talk about what I don't like another time.

I've been glancing around, finding odd little things to photograph.  I'm hoping it will help me keep coming back here.   

Autumn has come down at my house.  Although I still have pumpkins through the house.  I think only one is a cook-able pumpkin (that will happen next week), all though, shouldn't they all be cook-able?  Oh well...

Santa flag is on the pole out front, my greenery winter wreath went on the door today and my Yule tree came out. (I'd mostly decided not to bother this year but...) It's up, but has yet to be decorated.  That's on tomorrow's list.

Tell me, are you ready for December?  Do you go all out with decorations or do you prefer a more subtle look?  Do you celebrate Yule or Christmas or is December just another month in the calendar for you?  I'd love to hear.

Thanks for stopping in for a read...
love & blessings
~*~

 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm getting in the Christmas spirit now, although I do not decorate much for the holidays -- not like I used to. I celebrate the Winter Solstice, Yule and Christmas all mixed up together. I love Xmas carols and sacred music, although I am not a believing or practising Christian. I'm still a "cultural" Christian, I guess you'd call it.

mxtodis123 said...

I love winter as well. Born in late March so I'm a spring baby as well. But I was born in Northern New Jersey and we had some cold snowy winters thee. I love the holiday season especially. Decorating, family get-togethers, good food. Actually, with us all living within distance, but still far apart, the holiday season is basically the only time of the year we have together.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm not particularly fond of cold weather, but... I do love what the dark months do to my writing--it's a time of looking at what I've done during the year, examining said doings, editing...

December is busy around here--my Piano Man has more work in the holiday months than any other time of the year. Still, we celebrate the Winter Solstice, exchange gifts, cook together... And if the stars align just right, we even put up decorations. LOL!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your photos are so pretty Laura! I'm a winter lover too! For me, I do celebrate Christmas, but for my family, it's a get together. Big Hugs!