29 May 2014

packing it up...

This past Friday, I turned 45 years old.  I celebrated by myself as I do every year with a little cake and ice cream.  I made my wishes (past, present and future) and blew out the candles.


Every room in my house looks like this.  Stacked with boxes and things being sorted and wrapped before being placed into boxes. 




Only 26 days until closing and moving.  I finally have a place to move.  Not quite two weeks ago, I found a place that had every thing I wanted.  It even has a nice sized patio/garden area that is basically a blank slate.  The owners were asking quite a bit more than the property was worth but I made an offer.  This past Saturday, after quite a bit of back and forth with offers and counter offers, they accepted my final offer.  After a trying and frustrating day it really brightened my spirits.

When I'd walked in and had a thorough look at the property, I turned to my realtor and said, "This is the one."  Because of the difficulty in coming to terms, we did spend a few days looking at other property as I needed to have someplace to move.  But I realized when I narrowed it down to two others, that just weren't quite right, that I needed to NOT settle for something that wasn't "the one."  

So back to bargaining we went, with a little added Work by me and my wishes clearly stated to the Universe and here we are.  Not just a place to live but a place I can really love.

Since I am surrounded by cardboard boxes and newspapers, I splurged just a bit at the farmers market yesterday.  Not only did I get fresh strawberries and peaches (oh how I love fresh peaches!), I bought a little nosegay from my flower friends.  She also gave me a separate slip of larkspur that had developed seed heads.  I'm drying those now so I'll have them to plant in my new little garden!  

Are you enjoying anything special this week?

blessings
~*~

ps...so, yeah, I gave up on the gluten free as I could tell not one bit of difference in my headaches and well, I really wanted cake!  and not one I'd have to make myself! more on that later...

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Yay Birthday Blessings and wishing you massive sparkles all year long! Many congrats on your new sacred space..enjoy your new home..how exciting and very special!Your flowers are gorgeous..shine on kindred!
Wishing you a magical June!
Victoria

Ms Misantropia said...

Congratulations on both accounts! It must be such a relief to have found a new home.

Carmen said...

Happy Birthday, Laura! We're the same age. :-) I wish you the best in your new home.

Carmen

laoi gaul~williams said...

many many birthday blessings Laura, you have so much to celebrate right now. how exciting. i hope those larkspur seeds become beautiful in your new garden xoxoxo

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy Birthday ;o) I love your little cake and ice-cream ;o) I am so happy you found and got the place you wanted! That's special ;o)
Such beautiful flowers ;o) I bet those peaches were yummy ;o)
Big Hugs and many blessings ;o)

Jennifer Michelle said...

Happy birthday! This is such an exciting turn, I am so happy for you that you have a new place that suits you well, congratulations!

Lorna said...

So sorry that I missed your birthday, but I hope it was a happy one. So glad that you found the exactly right place!