24 April 2013

maybe

 maybe, i can try this again...maybe, i can think of things to write that aren't horribly depressing...maybe, it would be good to be back in this space...maybe...

after my last post and subsequent trip to the lake, it seems like i just kind of checked out of online life.  i think i've been on facebook for a grand total of 2 minutes since before i left for that trip.  i've just not really felt like dealing with it.  i haven't really been in blogland either.  i've come on a few times, checking in with some of my favorite sites.  i've missed you all, i really have.  course, then there is blogger itself which has been driving me nuts.  i'm looking around for a new platform.  typepad seems to be a really great one (lots of my favorite bloggers use it) but i just don't know if i can add the cost to my monthly expenditures.  in the meant time, i've cleaned up my blog a little and will try to get here more often.

the garden has been calling me, and with the help of pain killers (lots of pain killers) i've been able to spend quite a bit of time there, tending and loving.  i've always longed to have statuary and such in my garden.  i recently found a few things to add including the lovely goddess below




i've also been working on finding someone to dig out a large section of the yard (actually it's all ivy, volunteer trees with a few iris bulbs) to expand my garden space.  i'm hoping it will happen soon as i've loads of seedlings that will need to find homes in the garden soon. 


the above photo is just one of the trays i have of seedlings.  if they all get planted and all produce i will be overwhelmed with veggies this year.  i started some carrots in a section of one bed and they started sprouting very well, but it looks like something is getting to them.  i'm going to try to find some way to protect them until they're bigger.  i also started 4 rows of blue lake pole beans.  they've already sprouted and i hope to have lots of beans this year as well.

i'm off to the endo in the morning and am not looking forward to it.  my blood sugars have been super wonky for a while now and i can't seem to do anything to get them regular.  i'm hoping for a change in my meds, even though i'd really like to get off them completely.

well, i think that is it for my silly ramblings tonight.  i appreciate you for sticking with me and still stopping by every now and again.  i hope i'm not too boring for you.  :-)

blessings
~*~

1 comment:

Cameron said...

That is one of the things about our extended vacations I look forward to.....being unplugged and away from blogging, facebook, news. etc without the guilt or pressure of feeling like I have to check my email every 5 minutes.

I know, we miss our Bloggy Friends...but the ones who are our friends understand :)

I am in awe of all those seedlings you have! I keep meaning to get started planting....but keep putting it off. Hearing you talk of all the yummies you'll be enjoying later is giving me motivation :)

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Cameron