19 December 2008

Chances...

If you have read either of my blogs for any length of time, you have seen me mention my "dream home." I know I haven't mentioned it here but I might have mentioned on my other blog that last month the house went under contract to close this month. When I heard the news, I was devastated. It is MY home. I do not just want to live there, I NEED to live there. The first time I saw the listing on the Internet, I fell in love. Mum and I made arrangements for a showing and we drove the 1 & 1/2 hour drive to get there. The moment I stepped out of the car onto the property, I felt like I finally belonged somewhere, I felt that I was Home.

When we came home from that trip, even my mum said it was me and she could see me being very happy there. She has never said that. What's more, she has never wanted me to live more than 10 minutes from her. I was shocked, I expected her to say that she didn't think it was safe, that it was too far, it was too much work, anything to get me to stop thinking about it. But she didn't, she encouraged me and said if it would make me happy, to do it. I love her for that, and for many other things.

In an effort to help me get this house, I have prayed, made a wish board and done more spell work than you could imagine. I never took down the wish board and altar that I have set up around it. Something wouldn't let me, even after I heard it was being sold.

Yesterday I found out that the deal fell through and the house is again available for sale. My heart wept tears of joy. I've been given another chance. Another chance to make a change in my life that I know will make me happy. It will be hard, and sometimes things will be tight, but it will be so worth it. I have an appointment to see the banker on the 29Th. I refuse to pass up this opportunity. Gas prices have come down, and I'm willing to spend 3 hours five days a week in the car until I could find something closer. I know that now is not the best time to look for a job. So I'm not. I'm going to continue to work here, make the best of it as I can, but I'm going to also work my life. I'm going to start doing the things that I know I will enjoy, making art, crafts, growing herbs, flowers and vegetables, taking care of my soul...my spirit. I know that if I do what I love, everything will work out. (If you haven't read the book: Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow, I highly recommend it.)

So, I'm ready universe, I'm ready to take the next step. I'm ready to move to the Hollow and change my life. Thank you... Universe, Goddess, God, Creator, Spirit...thank you for giving me another chance to live my dream. I will embrace it with open arms and a warm heart.



Blessings,
~*~

5 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Congrats!

Sara said...

Oh, Laura, that sounds wonderful. I am wishing for your highest and best! May everything fall together for you - and may that cute little house be yours.

Laura said...

Thank you both so much!

Blessings,
~*~

JD said...

OMG, that is the perfect house. It looks like something Bear and I have always dreamed of having on some land for animals and to grow our own food. Rock on and best wishes on the house.

Dracenea said...

I hope that it works out for you. It sounds like it was meant to be!