15 November 2020

re-purpose...



the other day, i was scrolling through my ig feed and found a picture of an old student desk at a local repurpose shop.  it reminded me that i used to have a desk like that.  

then i thought about how the desk and the table and chairs i played on as a child are just sitting in my mum's attic and have been for over 25 years.  

see, we held on to those things because i planned to use them for my children.  when i found out i couldn't have children, i planned to either give them to my brother or use them at my house for my nieces and nephews.  well...my brother and his wife never had kids.

so... in the attic they have been...

when i started thinking about them and how they were going to waste i thought they might make good plant stands.  i don't have nearly enough plant stands and they seem the perfect height (the table and chairs).  i'm not sure what i'll do with the desk yet.  

anyhoo...when my brother went to do my mum's grocery run this morning i had him bring them out of the attic.  they were in surprisingly good shape, the desk in particular.  

i'm going to work on cleaning them up and the table and chairs will get a coat of chalk paint.  i think they'll make cute plant stands.  

i really like when i can find new purposes for something that would end up in the landfill. 

in other news... i went out to run to the pharmacy and discovered that my car wouldn't start.  apparently driving less than 1300 miles in 16 months is hard on the battery.  ugh... the aaa guy said that i should drive at least 2-3 times a week.  but with these migraines, that is hard.

speaking of migraines...

i've already taken one dose of meds about 1 1/2 hours ago.  if it doesn't get better soon i'll take the emergency meds which will knock me out for several hours.

okay, time to get off the computer. 

what is the most interesting re-purpose you've made?

thanks for reading...

love, kisses & magical wishes...

~*~    

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're the third person I know whose car battery has been dead this month from lack of use! Lot of that going around!

I think your planter idea is great! Post photos of the "final product" when you're done, eh?

Magaly Guerrero said...

I can't wait to see these beauties when you're done. Interestingly shaped plant stands--especially repurposed ones--are beyond awesome! I think some of the most interesting (to me, at least) things I've repurposed are used coffee filters as writing parchment and anything anyone can imagine as a planter.

I hope the meds work.