02 August 2023

seeking calm...

i didn't have the best sleep last night, so i started off the day a little later than i'd hoped for and more exhausted than i needed.  too much activity yesterday had my body's stress level at maximum all through the night.  i just never settled down.

once i was up, and able to catch a glimpse of that beautiful orange moon, i did my morning ritual then went for a walk.  i usually go for around one and a half miles, but today it was two miles.  whew...

then, as it was so cool and breezy here (64F) i went out into the garden to do a little tending.  that turned into just over 3 hours of trying to take back the flower patch from the mean wild blackberry that just won't die.

to say i've been exhausted today, is a massive understatement.

even though i have rested and done very little movement or anything stressful for the last 5 hours, my body is still in high stress mode.  unless i can relax, there will be another night of very bad sleep.

many months ago, i was visiting with the art witches and they were talking about asmr. i had no idea what it was but it sounded good. so i went searching the youtubes for videos hoping it could help me with my stress.

well...i found a lot of videos of scantily clad ladies doing things like scratching their scalp and playing with jelly, putting on makeup and whispering.  some really weird stuff, y'all.

so i thought about what sounds soothe me and found some rain videos.  then i found more, then ocean sounds, then birds, then... you get the picture.

i can bring up one of these on my roku and listen for hours while i do other things and it is so so soothing.  i calm down, my body calms down and my mind calms down.

i've had this one playing for the last hour or so and my stress level has dropped.  

here's a screenshot of the video:

(Lonely House With Heavy Rain And Crackling Fireplace In The Forest by Rainy Boy)

doesn't that look lovely? 

so here are a few of my favorites with a link to the video.  (all images are copyright of their creator and are not my images)

(Cozy Hut with Cats by Cozy Timez)

(Cozy Autumn Nook by New Bliss) 

serious autumn vibes with that one...

for the witchy mood, i turn to this one below...

(WitchCore Thunderstorm Night in the Forest Cabin by ASMR Weekly)

and last but not least of the ones i'm sharing today...

(Stormy Ocean Sounds at the Beach by Stardust Vibes) 

who doesn't love a thunderstorm by the ocean?

i'm not surprised the water ones are the ones that give me the most peace. i've always been drawn to water. on the sunniest day i can play one of these videos and feel it settle into my soul. with a lovely image to look at, too? magicks!

lately i'm finding tv shows and movies all too violent or outrageous. and honestly, i just can't find anything i want to watch that i haven't seen a hundred times before, except Practical Magic, of course. ;-) 

anyhoo... i hope you give these a try and if you like them give them a thumbs up on the youtubes.  (i am not affiliated in any way with these)

so...how do you soothe your soul and calm your frazzled nerves?  i'd love to know...

thanks for being here

love & magicks

~*~

 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've used "soothing sounds of nature" in CDs of waves, birdsong, rain, etc. -- the exact type you mentioned. During very stressful times, I also found long soaks in a warm bubblebath very relaxing -- no lights, just a candle, and soothing sounds of nature or soft classical music helped. Epsom salts relax the muscles too, if you've been working them hard in the garden or through exercise.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And yes, I tried listening once to a couple of those "whispering" asmr videos but all they did was annoy me to the max, LOL!

karen said...

I am ready for fall something fierce. If I do not sleep well, it's not a great day but I know that and try to doze in the afternoon (no naps though!!).