04 August 2023

friday in the garden...





 

 on wednesday, i spent about 3 hours working in the garden.  my flower spot is again being overrun by blackberry vines so i spent that time trying to pull out as much as i could by the roots.  i made pretty good progress, but there is a way to go.

yesterday we had rain all day so no garden work and today has also been a lot of rain so again, no working.  that's okay...i needed a break! :-)

i took a little stroll around the garden this morning to see how everything was and to run off the stupid little chipmunk tomato thief.  the bees are loving the sunflowers.  i haven't deadheaded as i want to try for seeds. i planted a new round of green bean seeds on tuesday and they are already sprouting so well.  i also planted another round of carrots and spinach (no photos) and they are both starting to sprout.  i picked up a package of lettuce and radish seeds the other day and will get those in soon.

when i came back in from getting the mail, something caught my eye out back. i went to see and found a visitor to the garden.  i've never seen this one before, but occasionally see a black and white one and a ginger.  i miss having a kitty.

well, that's what's happening in my garden today. i've been working on some knitting and doing some painting this week.  hopefully, i'll have something to show soon.

do you get visitors to your gardens? any surprise guests? 

thanks for being here...

love & magicks

~*~

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, isn't your visitor just making itself at home!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Our recent tempered weather has allowed me to linger in the August gardens at mid day - a time I typically cloister myself in shade, or near an indoor fan. As a result, the main vegetable garden is more tidy than I can recall.

I'm grateful, yet it inspires me to wonder what's waiting on the other side of this unseasonable, yet pleasant moment. Nonetheless, I shall do my best to enJOY this moment, and the gardens.