30 July 2023

what july held for me...








can you believe there is only one more day left in july?  why does time seem to move so quickly?  for some reason, to me, it seems like summer started just a week or two ago.

but here we are on the cusp of a new month and to me, a new season. 

unlike years past, my july has been very full this year:

-two days of "putting up" corn (freezing it for later use)

-multiple trips to the farmers market

-moon gazing

-harvesting, eating and preserving things from my own tiny little garden (why it is that this brings me so much happiness i don't know, it just does. so i'll keep doing it for as long as i can)

-working in my tiny little garden, tending/weeding/watering in the early morning before the sun gets too high and the heat too heavy

-seeing things from new perspectives

-lots of kitchen experimenting (baking fails and successes, finding ways to preserve/use what grew in my tiny little garden)

-picking up the knitting needles again (and a couple of practical magic viewings)

-a little bit of doodling, one completed painting and lots of play in my foundlings journal (what i call scrap/junk art journals)

-lots and lots of walking... 

that is quite a bit of what july held for me this year. good things, grateful things, memories i will cherish.

if you've been with me here for a while, you'll know that the coming month is, well, let's just go with 'not my favorite'.  i'm trying to make friends with august instead of calling it hell month. ;-)

for now, i hope to take some of the bliss i've found in july with me into august.  we'll see how that goes.

does anything stand out for you from july? is there something you are looking forward to in august? i'd love to hear about it.

thanks for being here and reading my words, i truly appreciate it.

love & magicks

~*~

 

ps...look at that little carrot up there! i pulled it this morning and almost jumped up and down in excitement! i can't wait to have it with dinner. :-)

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a bountiful and beautiful harvest! I've been enjoying rhubarb and saskatoon berries from the farmers market recently.

Love your art! Is that meant to be the goddess Danu scrying in her fount of water?

Laura said...

@Debra - thank you! it was an intuitive painting i did for the new moon. <3 ~*~