18 July 2023

code orange...




i missed my walk this morning and i can really feel it in my body.

we are in a code orange air quality warning.  ever since i went out to water the garden early this morning i've felt like i have grit or sand in the back of my throat. so, an inside day it is.

that bunny has been hanging around since the spring.  he/she started off really tiny and is not afraid of people.  

a few days ago i was in the kitchen checking on something and when i turned around i found that second guy just outside the back door. we stopped and stared at each other for a while, then he took off to the tomato jungle.

my 9-10ft tall sunflower (the only one of the 20 or so seeds i planted that sprouted) is finally blooming.  i was expecting it to be one of the super large heads since it is so tall. but it has about 8 or 9 smaller blooms coming out.  

anyhoo...just a random little post from the garden.  i'm still picking lots of cherry tomatoes every day, sometimes twice a day.  there has been knitting, practical magic watching, and even painting.  

how has your week been?  anything fun going on?

thanks for stopping in...

love & magicks...

~*~ 

 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What an awesome photo of the rabbit! But I could do without the snake one, lol.

Bohemian said...

I had Two random Sunflowers sprout up and do well, the Birds at my Wild Bird Feeding Station had 'planted' them from flinging their Seeds into my Tomato Pots and so I let them enjoy the Harvest of the Two Magnificent Flowers they grew. I too had a lot of Cherry Tomatoes this Season but not much else has done well due to the extreme record breaking Heatwave, which is quite ridiculous even for an Arizona Desert. The Bunny is adorable, I don't hate Snakes but prefer they don't inhabit shared space.

karen said...

whenever the air quality is bad I fight sadness something fierce!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What a lovely random post, snake 'n' all. And I'm consistently in awe of the boldness of bunnies.