26 November 2018

Hello...











Hi.  

I've been meaning to get here for so long now.  I'll think of something I want to write about and then the next thing I know it's 6 or 7 hours later and I've completely forgotten what I wanted to post.  I don't know how time passes so quickly.  If I worked, or had a family to take care of, then I could understand not posting often.  Looking back, I posted a lot more when I was working.  Weird.

The photos above are a few snippets of my autumn.  I know Winter doesn't officially begin here until December 21st, but I always feel like winter starts around the end of November.  

I haven't really been doing much the last few months.  (Except for that little Halloween party.)  We had Thanksgiving here this past Saturday.  I'm still cleaning the kitchen.  It amazes me it takes 3 days to prepare and less than an hour to eat.  At least there are lots of leftovers. :-)

I've been knitting a bit.  I started the Tegna sweater back in September and have had to frog and re-cast on about a dozen times.  It's my first adult sized sweater and includes some lace patterning, which I've never done before.  I'm not giving up.  I'm going to keep trying until I get it right.  I'm currently in the need to cast on phase again.  Maybe this week.  

Still knitting on the Steelers Scoreboard for this season.  It's coming along nicely.

I've had a request from my brother to paint something for him.  I'm still in the mulling it over in my mind stage.  I'd probably best get on it though, since it's less than a month until that big gift holiday day.  

Well, that's all I have for today.  Hopefully I'll be back soon.  

What has your Autumn been like?

Thanks for stopping by for a read!
blessings
~*~



 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you're getting into that hibernating state of mind so many of us experience in the autumn and early winter!

mxtodis123 said...

It's great to hear from you. Love your little snippets of fall. I think of winter as beginning the day after Thanksgiving.

Magaly Guerrero said...

First, I love the photos... Autumn can be so bright, as if giving our hearts something to hold on to during winter.

About posting, I've noticed that when we wait... things can slip away. Sometimes those things get lost. It's one of the reasons why I try to set little schedules for myself, only true I-can't-get-up-because-I'm-too-sick keeps me from following the schedule. Doing that helps me on those days when all I want to do is... well, absolutely nothing, or just spend all day with myself. The latter is good, but every now and then we must come out show our faces... it sort of helps.

This autumn is for editing. I'm editing and rewriting slower than I've ever done it in the past--I get tired so easily these days. But like you noticed that you used to post more when you were working, I tend to keep myself more focused when I have more things to do. Weird, indeed.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your photos! They are wonderful! Our Autumn has been cold, but great! Big Hugs!