27 November 2018

Comfort Food - a recipe...

Do you have a favorite comfort food?

One of mine is Hamburger Helper.  I used to live on that stuff.  In fact, I probably had it at least once a week for years.

I know.  Not a great idea, right?

Anywho, I came across a recipe for a chicken and noodles that looked good so I tried it.  It was okay, but very bland.  However, while I was making it I thought maybe I could convert it to hamburger.

I gave it a try and it was delicious!  Honestly I though it was much better than HH.  (This is like the beef pasta flavored version of HH).

So here is my Homemade Beef Pasta recipe.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (I use ground sirloin)
1 TBLS minced garlic
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp seasoned salt (I use Crazy Jane's)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 tsp beef boullion base (I use Better than Bouillon)
2 TBLS butter (cut into 4ths)
3 cups beef broth
4 oz egg noodles

In a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, brown the ground beef along with the minced garlic. Drain fat (if necessary). 


 Sprinkle with the spices and top with cream of mushroom soup. Place the butter on top.  Add the bouillon the the broth.





Stir. Cover and cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes.


Add the noodles and cook another 10 minutes (or until noodles are tender). 



 Mmm.. yum. 


It's cold today and I'm wishing I had the ingredients handy to make this.  But, I have lots of turkey day leftovers to eat.  Maybe I'll make a batch this weekend.  


I'd love to know if you give this a try.

What's your favorite comfort food?

thanks for stopping in for a read!
love & blessings
~*~

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My favourite comfort food is mac 'n cheese. Although I've also been known to consume copious amounts of donuts or ice cream as well.

Magic Love Crow said...

This looks so good! Thanks Laura! I love perogies, or pasta or mac'n cheese! Big Hugs!