04 January 2020

Let's go to New Mexico (part 3)...



Back to Ghost Ranch once again.  This time I want to share the art made during the trip.

Our project was a book, with a stitched cover.  The photo above is where I headed with my cover.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the fabric is representative of the mountains with a heart shaped rock I found on one of my walks there.  I'm actually still working on my cover, so I can't show it yet.  Once I finish I'll post it.

Here is my book, put together.  The stitched piece will be glued over the current orange fabric.  The piece of paper will be incorporated somehow.  I used a burning tool to try to make it look branded.  

The inside cover and the pages all tied in.  There are several blank pages that I can still work with.  I want to get some of my photos printed to place inside.

On my initial walk around the area where I was staying, I found a couple of pieces of charcoal from a nearby firepit.  So I did a couple of sketches, the top is of chimney rocks and the bottom of pedernal.  (click to make the photo bigger)

This is a watercolor I did from my view from my room or pedernal.  


One of the pages of cyanotype papers.

An acrylic of pedernal.


An impressionist type of the mountains using milk paint and a tongue depressor.

This is a few of the things I brought back.  Some large rocks, a bag with small rocks and sticks, a bag of clay from the creek and a few art supplies I picked up at an art store in Santa Fe.

I think that's enough photos for now.  I'm sure I'll revisit and share once I finish putting the book together.  Most people would be done by now and I'm sure the majority of my classmates have long finished their books.  I tend to take things slow and I'm okay with that.  

Soon I'll share the art I've made since my return that was inspired by my time in New Mexico.  

Have you been on a trip that had a profound impact on you?  I'd love to hear about it.

thanks for stopping by, 
love & blessings
~*~
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your book is fab and will be even more fab once finished and all put together. What a great souvenir of your time at Ghost Ranch!

mxtodis123 said...

Oh, I am so anxious to see your book. It is going to be fabulous.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Rocks are always my favorite thing to bring back home from a trip.

Lowcarb team member said...

Rocks and stones can be good things to bring back from a trip …

All the best Jan