29 October 2016

a little art...





Three posts in three days?!?  Amazing, huh? :-)

As promised, here are a few pictures of pages I made for my Red Thread book.  None of the pages I've made are completely done (I don't think).  Some are still blank pages, with backgrounds started.  Some, like these, have elements added to them.  

The top picture has an old library card sleeve holding the item in the second picture.  It is a TAP image that I got while on the retreat that I put on a Dylusions spray inked index card.  

The map is a cutout from a giant old map of the US that I have had since I was a kid.  I decided to mark my driving route from the first trip using red thread.  The old tag at the top is also inked with Dylusions and with stamped letters.  I really like the You Are Found tag because I feel like I found an important part of myself when I made that first trip.

The last picture is another TAP image, one that we all received at the first retreat.  I had brought with me a worn and stained cloth that belonged to one of my grandmothers (not sure which).  I cut out a piece from a corner large enough for the image and then hand stitched a hem on the two sides I'd cut.  (Something I'd never done before.)  The washi tape at the bottom of the page is from a package I received a couple years ago from the wonderful Nina Bagley (our instructor at this retreat).  

I have several other pages that are mostly done, but these are the ones I thought I'd show you today.  I haven't started working on the covers yet.  I have some ideas there, but am not entirely certain.  

Well, I hope you enjoyed my little "art show."  Any projects you have been working on?

thanks for stopping by!
love & blessings
~*~
  

3 comments:

JFM said...

I am loving your pages Laura!!!
I think it's wonderful that you are using items that you've saved and those with a personal memory for you.
Great art and great images.

*blessings🌙

Laura Morrigan said...

Love it! Inspiring!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your pages Laura!! Well done! I am working on a large painting right now! It's going to take awhile to finish, but I am loving the process! Big Hugs!