19 March 2009

Spring!

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"



Spring is here. In less than an hour, the first day of spring will arrive. Despite my love for winter and my wishes that here in the south we could have a longer winter, I am ready for spring. I am ready to get out in my garden, to open my windows and feel the breeze blow in to clean out the lethargy of winter.



I am ready to watch the flowers grow and bloom, to watch the clouds as they pass through the bright beautiful sunshine, to feel some warmth on my skin.



I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout

I feel this way.. I am anxious to be in my garden, working my fingers through the dirt and planting and nurturing in my own way.

I wish you a warm, sunshiny first day of spring...



Yesterday the twig was brown and bare;
To-day the glint of green is there;
Tomorrow will be leaflets spare;
I know no thing so wondrous fair,
No miracle so strangely rare.
I wonder what will next be there!
~L.H. Bailey

No comments: