09 September 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

My thumb hasn't been very green lately. It is just too dry here to get much to grow. My bell peppers dried up on the stalks. I do have some pictures to share.

Remember the mystery plant that everyone said looked like a certain non legal type of "weed"? Well, here is what it looks like when it flowers. Very pretty I think. Anyone have a clue now what it could be? I'd love to find out. I have another just like it that popped up in another spot and I'm thinking I'll move them both to a more convenient location. (growing between the slats of the garden fence is just not a good place for me) :-)




I think I've asked this before, but does anyone know what kind of shrub this is? One side of my yard has these growing along the fence and in some other areas that are just beautiful. Purple and white blooms. They remind me of hibiscus but I think they are too small to be hibiscus. If anyone knows what they are I'd love to know.



Well, that is about it from my boring dried up old garden right now. I hope the temperature cools down soon so I can get it ready for some fall plantings.

Blessings,

~*~



5 comments:

Aiyana said...

Can't help out with identification, but the flowers are lovely.
Aiyana

Jean said...

The shrub may be a Rose of Sharon. The branches grow up. I have one with simular coloring.

Anonymous said...

Lovely blooms. I thought it was an hibiscus, so can't help - sorry.
Sara from farmingfriends

Anonymous said...

I too believe the shrub is a Rose of Sharon and your mystery plant is a cleome. Will spread it's seeds all through your garden if you let it.

Anonymous said...

The shrub is a rose of sharon, same family as the hibiscus. Eventually will attain the size of a small tree. They also spread with underground suckers and can be trained into hedges. The other mystery plant is Cleome, common name Spider flower, it has a kinda of offesive aroma, right? They readily self seed and will pop up here and there. They come in pink, purple and white. Should bloom almost all summer long. ( it's an annual.) Hope this helps!
blessings,Moon