02 July 2019

an fo...


Just a short post today to share a finished knitting project.  This is the third Scoreboard I've knitted.  This is the 2.0 version and from the Steelers 2018-19 season.  

I'm probably not going to do one this coming football season. My plan when I started the very first one, was to knit one for each of us in my family.  There are four of us, so I would knit one each for four seasons.  

However...the first one I knit, I ended up using the wrong size needles by accident and used the wrong weight yarn and it was H...U..G..E...HUGE!  My brother is over 6 ft and it hung down to his knees wrapped twice around his neck.  That was also the first version, where you knit one row for every point scored.  In the 2.0 version, you knit 2 rows for every score.  So, if the team scores a touchdown (and extra point) that is 7 points.  In version 1 - that would be seven rows, in version 2, just 2 rows.  

Anywho...I'm planning to keep a log of the scores and the next season that they win a superbowl, I'll knit one for my brother to replace the first one.  And eventually, I'll knit one for me.  The second one I knit went to my sis-in-law and this one to my mum.  

Now that the scoreboard is done, I can refocus on the Tegna sweater I've started and frogged and started and frogged, etc... several times.  I would really like to get a good start on it before the middle of August.  I have a big trip coming up (more on that later) and it would be a good project to have with me for hotel room knitting.

That's it for today.  The past two weeks I was working on a big project around the house and it finally caught up to me.  Yesterday was a REALLY bad headache day and today is only slightly better.   At least I have Wimbledon (on mute) on the telly.

thanks for stopping by to read...
love & blessings
~*~

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's beautiful!

Lowcarb team member said...

It looks good.
Hope your headache goes and you can enjoy Wimbledon!

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly gorgeous! Wow!! Sorry about your headache! Big Hugs!