23 April 2018

making...






Thank you for your comments on my last post.  I've always heard that getting things out/writing them down helps to work them out of our systems.  I haven't found that to be true, but it does help, reading your comments and suggestions.  It means a great deal to me when someone takes the time and energy to comment on my posts, even just to say hi.  

Last week was one of the worst pain weeks.  Just when I think the pain can't get any more intense, it shows me how very wrong I am.  At one point, I was curled up in the fetal position, in the dark of the night and still had to put my sunglasses on to break the little bit of light noise seeping in through the blinds.  I think it is time to take the suggestion of one of my doctors and contact an inpatient facility that specializes in my situation.  I haven't done it prior as I didn't think my insurance would pay for it and disability is a very small income to live on.  I suppose if I could get better and find some relief it would be worth going into debt... maybe?  We'll see...

I've found a little making time here and there over the pasts several months.  The top photo is part of a journal page I did that was inspired by last weeks meltdown.  I actually have two more pages in the wip stage, also inspired by that episode.  Lying in bed in the middle of the night, unable to sleep due to the pain, I kept getting flashes of images in my head.  I found my sketchbooks and using the dimmest light I could manage (as well as my ever present dark sunglasses), I sketched out the beginnings so as not to lose the ideas.

The second photo is of my completed Tarheel Scoreboard.  The Heels didn't have a very good season, so there is not nearly enough blue to suit me.  But, I gave it to my mum and she seemed to like it.  I'm not sure if I'll do one next season or not.  I'm still working on my Steelers Scoreboard from last season.  I'm such a slow knitter.  

The last two photos are watercolors.  I was inspired to try a new technique after watching artist videos on instagram.  (although I can't remember the artist right now)  These were made last month I think.  

Well, that is all for now I suppose.  Even with sunglasses the light from the screen is too much and is causing increasing pain.  Time to rest for a bit.

What have you been making lately?

Thanks for stopping in.
love & blessings
~*~

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly, you have an artistic soul!

Magic Love Crow said...

I agree with Debra, you do have an artistic soul!
I'm so sorry about your pain Laura! I truly hope you can get help!
Keep creating!!!
Big Hugs!