15 August 2009

abandonment

Does it feel like I've abandoned my blog? It does to me, too. But I swear it wasn't intentional. The time has just flown by...one minute it was the middle of June and then I turned around and it is the middle of august. How did that happen? I guess there was just so much going on that I couldn't keep up. I'm still trying to catch up with myself. Ugh.

So I have lots to share, lots of pictures. I will probably not try to fit it all in on this post. It would be wise to spread it out a bit. So I'll start with the remodel. They finished the main projects on time and there was just a few little things that they had to come back and do after I'd moved home and brought the babies home. Boy were they happy to get home. I think they thought I'd abandoned them.

Anyway, in the below photo you can see the new paint and the old floors...


And the next photo is what the floors look like after refinishing...

The top part is the breakfast room/kitchen floor (heart of pine wide plank) and the bottom part is either white ash or oak (the floor guy wasn't sure). I think they both turned out beautifully.

The other big change...the bath...

before...





...after...







Of course there was lots more done, but no real photos that would show the changes. I'm just happy to be home. I am unpacked for the most part. I still have my studio to contend with and will begin working on that next week. I had shelving hung in the closet of that room so that I would have a nice storage space for my supplies.

Oh and to help protect my floors, I bought Dylan a huge,cushy bed for him to lay on instead of him laying on the floors...

money well spent, huh?

I'm off now... I'm getting my hair done in about an hour and still have to decide on the style/color. I'm torn between having it dyed black or red. I've been a red head before (and my natural color has bits of red in it) but I've never had black hair. Hard decisions...

Have a wonderful Saturday...
Blessings
~*~

PS..I've missed you! :-)

1 comment:

Draven said...

Pictures look great, glad your back... I love the wood floors... I love to dye my hair, red is my favorite... I have tried black and that was fun but when i wanted to do something diff I couldnt. Black doesnt fade, come out, or let you dye it another color... I had hair to my waist, I cut it to my shoulders and then when it grew out enough I got a pixie cut. Its the only color I would never do again unless my hair was very short so the grow out time wouldnt be so bad...